Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

We eat a lot. We drink a lot. We don't exercise.

We travel to foreign countries.

Tonight all those factors collided inside Heuer's body.


It is Tuesday afternoon and I find myself sitting in a Kaiser waiting room, staring at the lightly colored wood door in front of me. That door leads to the room where doctors have been poking and prodding Heuer for more than 45 minutes in the hopes of finding what ails him.

Needless to say, I am scared shitless.

Hoping Kaiser knows what they are doing…and that they return my Heuer to me in one piece.


Stay tuned.

UPDATE 1/9/08: Heuer got a call from the doctor this morning and it has been confirmed he has Giardiasis. He caught the bug while we were in Mexico, had it treated then, thought we killed it. Obviously the bug liked being inside Heuer as we had no idea that was what was causing him grief as of late.

He also has high blood pressure, high cholesterol and is pre-diabetes, but the 'bug' is the thing that was freaking us out the most so happy to know there is a name and a cure. We have a lot of work ahead of us, but I am hopeful we caught all these ailments early enough to do something about it.

2008 will be the year of 'health' for us.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lois Rosewood said...

Hi,

I found your post from November 2006 about your knee surgery. I have the same knee issue and I live in Berkeley. Would you be willing to let me know which doctor did your surgery?

Thanks in advance,
Lois

1:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home