Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

There is no 'I' in TEAM

Sorry for the overused cliche in the title, but I think it totally fitting here.

So it seems Terrell Owens has managed to piss off another team and is tentatively done for the season. I say ‘good riddens’. Being a 49er fan (yes, I still believe), I have seen the effects of his bad attitude on fellow teammates and was happy to see him traded to Philly. In less than a years time - he has burned his quarterback, his coach, his team.

Why do we allow people like this to continue to infect others with their poisonous ways? When does talent trump attitude? Do you think you can verbally destroy a coworker one day and then show up the next day expecting everyone to be at peek performance and supportive of you?

No. Stop the madness. I think everyone is expendable. Yes, even me. (But, shhhhh. Don’t let my boss hear me say that). If you are working in a team environment with a ‘me’ attitude – everyone loses. Yes, Terrell is an amazing wide receiver – but so is Jerry Rice and he has managed to get through his career with poise, grace, and the respect of his teammates - not to mention a stat card that anyone would be jealous of.

There is a huge difference between being confident and being cocky. Remember you are part of a team and everyone is there with the same goal. To win. To do well. To make their mark on this world. Doesn’t matter if you are on the football field or in a boardroom, remember to play nicely or you may find yourself sitting on the sidelines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home