Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Dave Grohl is a sexy man




















The Foo Fighters kick ass. Blend dazzling melodies, riveting lyrics and a highly-energized front man and you have yourself the makings of a stellar show, one I got to experience in person Friday night in O town.

Tickets on the floor - so close I thought I even got a little of Dave's sweat on me. Goodie. I didn't even mind it was general admission on this level, though that feeling changed as the evening progressed. Everything was cool through Hot Hot Heat and Weezer. We were all rocking out, dancing and having a good time. Then Foo Fighters came on and all the youngins who felt they needed to be in front of me started pushing forward. Do they not realize I have earned the right to be at the base of the stage as I got to the concert early to ensure a good spot? It was unreal. I have experienced this before at other concerts, but this was crazy. I couldn't even stand up straight. Pushed left, pushed right, pushed back, pushed forward. At first I went with it, I can do this. I want to be close. Just go with the flow - no matter where it takes you. Then the mosh pit started. Eek gad. Is it really considered fun to get thrown across the room? Nope, not for me. I think I am getting old.

So we moved back. We still had a great spot, about 50 feet back from the stage. I don't know. Maybe I just needed a little more liquor in me...but I doubt that would have helped. I still had a great time and I would absolutely see them again next time they come through town...but I think I will opt for those choice seats slightly right of the stage with the 'controlled' audience. I don't need to be in the thick of things. I bruise way too easily.

As a mini tribute to one of my favorite bands, here are lyrics from Everlong (I think one of their best songs):

Hello
I've waited here for you
Everlong

And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again
The only thing I'll ever ask of you
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when
She said

Breathe out
So I can breathe you in
Hold you in

Gives me goose pimples. See you soon Dave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home