Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Unpacking my bags and putting my PJs back on

Day five of this friggin cold - well, more like day seven from the time the first symptoms came on - and this bug is still kicking our ass pretty good. So much so that we had to make the hard decision to bow out of our Burning Man trip.

Totally sucks as we would have been heading out to the playa today, but I know in the long run it was the right thing to do. I mean, our lungs are so full of crap that we can't even climb a flight of stairs without gasping for air along the way - so the 'responsible' side of us realized we were not healthy enough to tackle all the elements of the playa.


And seeing the photos of the dust storm they just had confirms we made the right decision. Something tells me our little ventilation masks would not have protected our lungs very well - so yes, it sucks that we are not there. But I kind of like breathing, so I guess I am happy we stayed home.


Shout out to our buddies at Smite Camp (3:30 and Chance). I guess we will always have next year...


Photo credit: Abraxas3d

Technorati tags: burningman burningman2006 sick sickgirl duststorm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home