Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Monday, January 29, 2007

R.I.P Maxwell

Max chillin

Dad called with sad news today - they had to put our beloved Max down. He was only 6-1/2 years old.

I know it was the right thing to do, but it doesn't lessen the suck level any. Three surgerys have failed to correct the knee and hip problems he has been experiencing since he was a pup, and the much needed pain medication seems to have taken years off his lifespan (this photo was taken when he was four years old though he looks like he is 10). This was a risk my parents knew going in, but we all wanted our beautiful boy to be able to walk on the beach and be happy the time he did have on this Earth - it just turned out to be a lot fewer walks than we expected.

I can't imagine what it is going to be like going to mom and dad's house and not seeing this mound of hair waddling over to me. But I know his spirit lives on in that house, and I can guarantee his dog hair will find a way onto our clothes for years to come. And thankfully, dad buried him near the hot tub, overlooking the ocean, so we can all sit back and have a Corona w/him - just like we used to do.

Luv U Max. Woof.

Technorati tags: goldenretriever maxwell puttosleep RIP mansbestfriend

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wonderful love we share with our friends, the difficult decision we sometimes have to make to free them of pain, and the loss we feel when they leave us much too early... I've been there, I've had to make that decision, and it's always one of love, as was your family's.

Max will be waiting for everyone at the Rainbow Bridge. http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

3:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home