Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Don't blame the shooter...

...blame the thing she is shooting with.

Over the last couple of months I have been struggling to get a clear shot at the events and gatherings I have been to. Most are inside, in low light, so I have been using our Rebel with the 50mm lens which should have been fine.

Yet, none of my photos were coming out clear. In fact, it got to the point where 9 out of 10 photos were blurry and I could not get the camera to auto focus 99% of the time.

Even more frustrating was seeing a couple of my friends using the same camera and lens combo and not having any issues whatsoever.

Settings were correct. The lens was clean. WTF?

It finally got to the point it wasn't worth trying to use it anymore, so I sent the camera back to the Canon factory for a lookie loo. Eight days later, I call in to their customer service to find out the camera has been fixed and I should have it back in a couple of days. The problem? The auto focus was bad.

Cool. I can't wait to have it back. But it bites a bit to know I had to call Canon to find out what was going on with the camera. I mean, you would think with all the technology they have to produce the incredible camera they have, they could have set up a better customer service notification system. But whatever...it was fixed and I am looking forward to getting it back so I can start documenting our life and our little adventures again.


Technorati tags: canon canonrebelxt camera autofocus autofocusproblem repair camerarepair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home