Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Alert the media - we set a wedding date!

Photo by: Chris Heuer

The formula for a happy marriage? It's the same as the one for living in California: when you find a fault, don't dwell on it”, by Jay Trachman

07/07/07. Has a nice ring to it don’t you think?

Well, mark that date on your calendars as Chris and I have finally nailed down a date to seal the deal on this little relationship of ours. That’s right – we are going to tie the knot. Take the plunge. Strap on the old ball and chain. Then we are going to live happily ever after. My daddy says so. And daddy never lies.

We did take our time selecting the date as there are a million things going on this year (launching non-profit, working on several large consulting gigs, etc.) and neither one of us wanted to add the stress of planning a wedding in 2006. Besides, at my age, I am long past the rush to get to the alter before all my friends, and I can no longer hit those milestones we thought up while still in high school (i.e. married at 32, first baby at 34, second baby at 36, plastic surgeon’s office at 39 to get pre-baby body back). I am just happy ‘being’ with someone who is crazy enough to love my old bones…creaks and all…and it was simply icing on the cake that he wants to make it official.

So back to the date. 07/07/07. It was one of those dates we threw around a bit trying to see if it stuck when a revelation happened that made us both realize no other date would suffice. When Chris proposed to me, he presented his grandma’s ring that she had worn for over 53 years before she passed away. Their marriage was one full of love and respect, and his grandfather continues to honor her memory to this day (it gets me all warm and fuzzy when I hear him talk about her).


I have been wearing her ring proudly for three months now, but it was Chris who noticed her wedding band consists of two rows of seven diamonds and quickly linked it to a date. 7 over 7. 07/07. Hmmm. Just goes to show he is either an expert at pattern recognition – or I have just confirmed I have really bad observation skills. Add to this the date 07/07/07 falls on a Saturday – so it all seems to be fitting here. Perfectly. Just like the ring did.

Now all we need to do is pick a location which is actually a lot harder than the date itself. I am a West Coast girl. Chris hails from the East. The easy part is we both love the idea of a beach wedding, but know it cannot be in San Francisco as the weather is not predictable. We have discussed Big Sur/Napa to appease my family – The Florida keys for his. I hinted at eloping in a previous post, but maybe we just get off the continent and head to Santorini, Greece instead as it would give us the beach element, an amazing honeymoon and a great vacation spot for our friends all wrapped into one. Who knows. Guess we need to crack a couple more bottles of wine and give it some real thought. I know there will be people disappointed with no matter what we decide – so at this point, we just have to do what is right for us.


So, for now just assume it will be a destination wedding of some sort – my family going East or his family coming West. Check your calendar and start putting pennies aside if you would like to join us. Where ever that happens to be.

Technorati Tags: weddingdate engagementring tietheknot loveofmylife soulmate

2 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

So very, very happy for both of you. Love the sound of all the sevens, too!

2:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Chris and Kristie!! Hooray!!!

Thank you both for the mention in each of your blogs, and I will try to post something about BrainJams in my own blog soon. It's been a fascinating week since the Berkeley BrainJam!

Please keep me posted on whatever's upcoming--I want to stay in touch with you. I posted on Chris' blog tonight, too.

Cheers, and Congrats again to two really wonderful people,

Cathryn Hrudicka
Creative Sage (tm)

11:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home