Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

West Coast represents - sort of.

This past December, Andy Samberg and Chris Parnell from SNL did a hilarious rap on the Chronicles of Narnia which jammed up the internet for weeks. I first saw it via my buddy Andy over at MyEastBayAgent and have since replayed it for everyone I know. Truly hilarious. NBC ordered YouTube to pull the video down, but you should be able to still see it here http://www.slate.com/id/2133316/

One of my favorite lines:

Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = crazy delicious

The West Coast reciprocates with a rap called LAZY MONDAY by Mark Feuerstein, Sam Friedlander, and Adam Stein featuring Color Me Mine – fashizzle. Not as funny as the SNL rap – but worth a listen to. http://www.narniarapbattle.com/.


One of their little ditties:

We rock the mike like the boys from Hanson
We got better bodies than Scarlett Johansson
You know my sweet ride is crazy insane
Clocking thirty five in the
carpool lane
On the way we be kicking it live
Cranking
NPR on the 405
Google Maps may be sweet, but this I promise
Nothing compares to a
guide by Thomas.


And if you happen to live in the MidWest – no worries – Chris and Kirby ensured you were officially represented. Check the boys hanging at the Elk's lodge in Muncie, Indiana. Highlight of the day is when Jim Davis (of Garfield fame) gives us a gang sign. Pretty funny. http://www.lazymuncie.com/.

Some funnies:

I take up three spaces
No need to valet

If you don’t like it here
Move your ass to Ft. Wayne


Technorati tags: saturdaynightliveskit snl lazysunday lazymonday crazymuncie whiteboysrapping rapping funnylyrics

1 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Loved, Loved, Loved this posting. My son and I were watching SNL when the Chronicles of Narnia rap first played and neither of us could talk, much less breathe, for the next 10 minutes.

8:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home