Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Good Lord - it's a wonder I can still breathe....

I have been dealing with what I believe to be a sinus infection for a really long time (since May 2005). I have blogged about this before, so I won't go into the gorey details now, but I think I am finally on the road to recovery - well, discovery at least.

Today I went in for a complete cycle of allergy testing that was suggested by my sinus surgeon at UCSF. Guess what? I seem to be allergic to everything. Well, everything except cockroaches it seems. Oh yeah - it seems I have a tendency to pass out when someone tries to take a little blood from me (but more on that later).

Really bizarre as I never had any idea I had allergies - let alone to so many things. I mean, what is Alternaria tenuis anyway? Of course, I can try to stay away from sycamore and black walnut trees, but cats? We own two, and they love to sleep in our bed which I am sure has added to my allergy problem. I guess our girls are going to be spending a lot more time in the extra bedroom from now on…

Looks like I need to kill a few dust mites as well, so off to Target I go and $100 later, I am the proud owner of pillow, mattress and box spring encasings. Seems these little buggers like to chomp on me as I sleep, so I need to minimize their access to my body. Lovely. Just what I want to think about – millions of little black bugs creeping around my pillow at night. Yeck.

Well, I at least I have scientific proof there IS something going on with my system which is causing me to be snotty all the time and messing with my ears. For a while, I thought I was becoming a hypochondriac as antibiotics were not helping and the doctors were at a loss as to what was causing it. So there. I was right - again.

Coming up next is a CAT scan, hearing test and another date with the sinus surgeon to review all the results. Happy happy joy joy.


Technorati Tags: allergies allergytesting catallergy dustmites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home