Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Friday, April 28, 2006

Dinner in a box

Chris and I had a wonderful lobster dinner last night (a little pre-layoff celebration), that came straight out of a can. Yes, that's right people. Whole Maine lobsters in a can.

I had a gift certificate from Maine Lobster Direct that I had received from a former co-worker
three years ago, and I decided Wednesday was the day to finally dust it off and call in my order. I don't know why I had held on to it for as long as I had - but I was surely glad they chose to honor it - and I can tell you it was well worth the wait.

The great thing about Main Lobster Direct is they make it so darn easy for the consumer. I picked the lobster dinner and side dishes I wanted (highly recommend the clam chowder and the bacon wrapped scallops), they package it all up and deliver in less than 24 hours. And the cool thing about this process is the can it all arrived in is the same can you cook the lobsters in. You basically throw a little water in and boil for 15 minutes. Whalaa. No fuss, no mess. Well, no mess until you try to de-shell the buggers. But, Maine Lobster Direct is a company owned by thoughtful people and they went the extra step and included picks, bibs and wipes which is all added bonus to make it as lovely an experience as possible.

And did I mention the lobsters were great? And don't even get me started on the scallops - we inhaled all twelve of them in less than 15 minutes. (burp) The chowder also kicks ass - light and flavorful. And before any of my Martha Stewart loving fans get a chance to rail into me...let me just say, I know I won't get a gold star for the way I plated the dinners, but I was starving by the time we started cooking so I just slopped it down. I will do better next time. I promise.

And there WILL be a next time. This is a good business, with great food and excellent customer service, so we will be calling them again. And I need to call David and let him know I finally used the gift certificate he gave me.



Technorati tags: mainelobsterdirect mainelobster lobsterdinner lobsterinacan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home