Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Stick a fork in me, I am done...

...with my current employer that is. It seems tomorrow I will go into the office and I will be axed/canned/kicked to the curb. Oops, I mean laid off. That sounds so much better doesn't it? Lovely.

The funny thing about this whole event is I have known lay offs were coming, and I am just now updating my resume. On the eve of the big day. Part of the delay was my disbelief in whether or not it was really going to happen, the other is tied to things that I am just not sure I am ready to let out in a public forum.

I will probably bury it all, but I guess only time will tell.


Photo credits: Geocities

Technorati tags: laidoff axed canned outofwork needwork

2 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Hang in there, kid. Times like these are particularly trying. Just think how great NO will be, though! Focus on that.

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Kristie Wells said...

Yeah, I am so ready for a trip and NO will be a perfect getaway for us. Counting the days...

I am truly ok, and am ready to take on my next adventure. It did helpe knowing it was coming so I had time to mentally (and financially) prepare. I just should have planned better and lined another gig up, before this one ended, but oh well. I can always do a stint at Pottery Barn to kill the time and earn some cash. Though, I will probably spend more than I would earn. :)

Thanks for your words Lin.

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home