Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

If I didn't live in SF, I would be in NYC

There is something about New York City that totally makes me giddy. I don't know if it is the fact that I can get a cheesburger at 2am, dance until 6am, or have a hundred shows to choose from any day of the week - but that place moves me. So much so that in late 2003 I had one foot in the moving truck until someone talked me out of it. We had just been dating one week so it was funny that I even listened to him, but I guess I knew even then he was a keeper and I needed to stay in SF to be close to him.

Needless to say, I try to get back East as much as possible. And when I do get there, I try to cram as much as possible into the trip so it will hold me over for a couple of months. this past trip was no exception. Even though we were going to attend a friend's wedding, we managed to go wine tasting in Connecticut (honestly can't say I would recommend this to anyone - especially when we have Napa in our backyard), checked out the art at MOMA, held two business meetings, caught a comedy show, and saw Avenue Q (highly recommend) -- all this in a mere four days.

I wanted to stay longer, but several commitments in the Bay Area demanded we get home, so the other things on my list will
have to wait until our trip this Fall.

Also, two restaurant recommendations - if you like burgers, get yourself to Jackson Hole. They have this 7oz burger with bacon and blue cheese that is to die for. On the other end of the spectrum, check out Geisha
which was an amazing Asian inspired place over on East 61st. Though word to the wise - the plates are small, but truly mouth watering and worth every penny.


Technorati tags: newyork newyorkcity travel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home