Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Wordpress here I come...

My consort is awesome. He picked up on the subtle hints I was throwing around (ok, it was a bunch of expletives each time Blogger went down) and not only set me up with a new Wordpress blog, but also registered my own personal domain too! All of this late Thursday night / Friday morning as I sawed some logs and enjoyed the sugarplums dancing away in my head.

What a love.

Chris moved all of my posts over already, but I don't like the way they formatted (I am picky like that), so I need to configure the blog and make it a little more pretty before I start posting directly there. :)

So stay tuned...sticking with Blogger just a little bit longer...then on to my new lovely site!


Technorati tags: blogger blogger.com wordpress movetowordpress newdomain

2 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

I almost blew Dodge from blogger to WordPress (the free blog hosted at their site) last spring. But there was something about not being able to get to my template that felt very patronizing to me. The more I prepped the site, the more upset I got.

Still blogger problems are getting almost unsurmountable, so it's probably only a matter of time til I leave. And when I do, it will be Wordpress over typepad...

Is there more freedom using WordPress on your own website?

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Kristie Wells said...

debra - I am not sure about all the technical pieces as Chris set it up for me. I do know they have categories and other little features that Blogger does not that helps keep your topics together.

Chris loves Wordpress, so I am going with his advice as Blogger is just too quirky right now.

8:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home