Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Friday, July 28, 2006

Sing it with me Sammy....



IIIIIIIII
Cannnnnn't
Driveeeeee . . . 55iiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee!

---------------------------------

Driving home from Oregon recently, I got caught speeding.

As I watched the officer walk up to my car, I found myself getting really pissed off that he had stopped me. I was speeding. I was wrong. I deserved getting a ticket. But my initial reaction was anger. Did he not know I had places to be? Had he not seen the blue truck who had gone sailing past me not but 10 minutes ago? Didn’t he have anything better to do than to harass me? I was so close to home. Damn.

Then it struck me. I needed to take a chill pill. This was not the end of the world. What I was getting was a simple little speeding ticket. He is only doing his job (*cough* speed trap). I can’t fault him for that (I'll see you in court). My actions got me into this position (more like my lead foot), and I quickly realized I jumped to anger when there was no reason to do so (I am supposed to get away with everything).

Yes it sucks, but then I think about all the other times I had sped and did not get caught, and started counting myself lucky. Very very lucky.

Technorati tags: speeding speedingticket policia highwaypatrol chp gotcaught

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home