Wonder what a wiki is? Want to know how to set up a blog?
Well then come on over to CNET's headquarters this Wednesday, July 19th and join us for the Rent an Expert event hosted by BrainJams, CNET, Mindjet, RateItAll, and Stormhoek.
The event will run from 5:30pm to about 8:30pm and is open to everyone (aka: meaning it is FREE to attend).
Yes, that's right. It is free to walk through the front door. Mingle, drink our beer, eat our snacks.
All we ask is if you wish to pick the brains of those who have signed up as experts that you give a few dollars to the cause* (ranging between $1 - $5 per session). Seems like a good deal, right?
We have a diverse list of experts that have signed up so far, and I love seeing not all of it is technically based. Do you have a burning desire to learn how to:
- Jumpstart your organization with solid business practices?
- Set up a Wordpress blog?
- Utilize Search Engine Optimization ('SEO')?
- Build a community and garner awareness?
- Expand services with software/website development?
- Ensure you have a kick ass BBQ?
We could use a few more folks signing up to LEARN something, otherwise Seth Mazow and I will be running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to fill in the spots. :) NOTE: It does not have to match what is on the 'offering' list right now. It can be ANYTHING, as you never know who in the room knows what.
So, if you are coming, I would like to encourage you to first register, then let us know what you are offering or seeking (or both). We are just trying to get a general sense of the topics before the event starts to help expedite the setup process.
Hope to see you there!
* The cause will be the charity that receives the most votes during a survey at the event. It will not be BrainJams - unless you guys vote on it as you would like to see more of these events happen. :)
Technorati tags: brainjams:expert1 brainjams:rentanexpert1 rentanexpert brainjamsbrainjams19july2006
networking sharing learning buildingcommunity