Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Friday, March 24, 2006

Wow. Target kicks it up a notch. Or three.

Target realized years ago they could not compete with the likes of Walmart, so they opted to go middle ground and in my eyes have been really successful in that market. They are definitely my store of choice whether for shampoo, socks, plants, laundry detergent, or even cat food. They have provided a nice clean environment to shop where I, the consumer, feel I am still getting a good deal without sacrificing quality.

Over the last three months, the
Target stores in my local area have been going through a major transformation. They are updating terminals, reorganizing shelves and have been bringing in some really cool, upscale looking merchandise (i.e. clothes, jewelry, and furniture). The new stock is so groovy that I now find myself walking up and down every aisle just to see what has come in.

Then I open my mail today and see their new catalogue. Target has a catalogue? Why yes, yes they do - 59 fashion filled pages, all on high gloss thick paper, complete with a mini 'credit card' coupon for $10 off to get me back into their store (like I really needed a reason). This is a big money production. The catalogue also has a strangely familiar feel which makes me think their Marketing person is fresh from
Macy's camp. But you know what? It got my attention so it was worth every penny they spent as here I am blogging about it.

So, kudos to Target. I don't know what your long term strategy is, but keep doing what you are doing as I likey very much.

Technorati tags:
target catalogue consumermarketing newmarketingstrategy Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Maulleigh said...

I love love love love Target. When I lived in Sacramento, I had a couple near me. Now that I live in SF, it's not so easy to get to and I forget.

11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home