Home for my rants, raves and general sharing of 'insytes'. Some of you will enjoy this gathering of text - others will wonder how I tricked them into giving me a Blogger's license...

Friday, May 12, 2006

Overheard in our house...

Chris: You know honey, the house has really been going to shit since you've been out of work.

Me: Yep, you are right. I guess we need to hire more help. :)

------------------------------

It was funny as he was totally teasing me, but it stopped me in my tracks and made me take a moment to look around the house. Joking or not, he was right. I had been slacking and needed to get on a schedule - fast.

I have always done the laundry. I like my clothes washed and folded a certain way (don't ask) so I have never minded that 'chore' on the Kristie list. I also do the dishes if my fella does the cooking - and he returns the favor on the rare occasion I pick up a pan.

It did look like I was off to a good start as all the clothes had been washed, but there were 12 loads of clean unfolded clothes sitting on the couch waiting to be pressed and put away. Add in a sink full of dirty dishes and I knew I needed to figure out a schedule, or we will be running around the house naked as we battle the ants as they move into the kitchen.

So, ever the project manager - I have decided to set up the following schedule for myself:

  • Wake up: 7am - 8am (no need to kill myself now is there?)
  • 8am - 11am: Have breakfast and then focus on the job search.
  • 11am - 1pm: Head to the gym as I need to turn my fat ass into a phat ass
  • 1pm - 3pm: Out to the garden I go. The weeds and I need to make nice-nice.
  • 3pm - 4pm: Play Holly the homemaker (laundry, dishes, maybe even sweep every once in a while - but only if I feel like getting a little 'crazy').
  • 4pm - 6pm: BrainJams business, blogging, etc.
Of course, this is a living plan and will be modified as needed, but I think a good start to ensure I get everything done that I wish to get done. But I guess only time will tell...


Technorati tags: outofwork homemaker chores gettowork slackingoff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home